If you hit the VFORMAT button or otherwise get your unit stuck in PAL mode, this is how to get out. Because of the new GUI this is a bit different than the S9 procedure.
If you are using the composite/analog (yellow) output, simply press the VFORMAT button, wait 5 seconds. If no picture, repeat and wait until you hit the 480i mode.
1. Turn off the unit, then reboot it using the back switch.
2. Position yourself in front of the S10 so you know it is getting a good signal from the remote. Then press the following sequence carefully on the remote:
MENU > RIGHT ARROW > RIGHT ARROW > OK > DOWN ARROW > OK
3. You are now in the video resolution settings, but still in PAL. Press the LEFT ARROW key and wait 5 seconds for the resolution to change. If no picture after 5 seconds, hit LEFT ARROW again, wait 5 seconds, repeat until you hit a compatible mode.
4. Once you get a picture press the OK key while “Video Resolution” is still highlighted. You need to select your proper resolution as outlined below:
– 576i, 576p, 720p_50 and 1080i_50 are all PAL modes. DO NOT CHOSE THESE!
– If your TV is a 720p HDTV you can select 480i, 480p, or 720p_60. 720p_60 is recommended for best picture.
-If your TV is 1080i or 1080p HDTV you can select480i, 480p, 720p_60 or 1080i_60. 1080i_60 is recommended for best picture.
-If you happen to have a old tube TV that has HDMI (rare) you are probably limited to 480i or 480p